The other day, I got click-baited by a friend of mine on Facebook. What is click-baiting? Simply when you post an article with a shocking title or photo, causing many people to click on your article or picture so they can one day tell their grandchildren about when they first saw said shocking article or picture.
Or something close to that.
My friend click-baited me with a product that in theory would be a useful tool at our house, but the suggested method of use is a bit off-putting.
Yes sir, someone thought it wise to “improve” on the traditional cat brush and take it one horribly gross step further and make the brush fit perfectly in your MOUTH, all in the name of grooming your cat the same way her feline mamma did.
Let’s break this down:
1. At this point it is only a potential product on Kickstarter. That’s kind of a relief.
2. The nubby thing that fits into your mouth (I just threw up a little in mine when I wrote that) is pretty small but I’m sure if your cat has longer hair and has a tangle, it’d fall out easily. Then you’d end up with a mouthful of cat fur.
3. Honestly, taking a closer look at the design, The tongue part resembles a bigger sized garlic press. So I suppose if you are on a budget and can’t afford this “thing” that would be the economic route to go. It would take you longer with a smaller surface area, but you’d save a couple bucks.
4. Watch the video and keep your eyeballs on the gray and white cat being “licked.” Does it look like to you this is a pleasant experience for them? Are you wondering why the cat seems a bit stiff?? Poor thing is probably terrified that 1. Your head is that close to their body and 2. They are baffled as to why you have something in your mouth that is able to touch their body. And probably feels nothing like a cat tongue.
5. I would have hoped they’da been able to come up with a more creative catch-phrase than, “Lick Your Cat.” Honestly I’m a little underwhelmed and disappointed. Maybe I’m expecting too much.
6. There other tag line: “Be Part Of The Change: Let’s change the way people connect with their feline housemates” sounds a bit too much like a Bernie Sanders endorsement. And cats don’t care two licks (see what I did there? 😛 ) about politics.
Seriously, they’d get to the polls and get ready to vote and end up falling asleep before reading off the list of candidates.
7. Speaking of taglines, here is an additional one–really they need to pick no more than two and stick with them–“Invite Your Friends Over For Licki Parties!”
:-O WHAT. IN. THE. ACTUAL. WORLD.
In case you thought that a single woman owning multiple cats wasn’t stigmatized enough, let’s kick it up a notch!! #saidnooneever
So kids, what do you think? Is this a worthwhile product? Am I just extra full of angst today?
Oh and if anyone actually gets their hands on this thing, PUHLEESE post a video of you using it on your cat. I promise it will only be used for scientific research and will in no way be posted to Youtube to go viral so that the masses can laugh at the ridiculousness.
I’ll provide the popcorn. 😉
This goes without saying but I have to say it:
FTC Disclaimer: This blogpost was NOT sponsored by the product. Seriously.