We are flip-flopping days today as my husband will publish a special piece on the blog tomorrow, so I’m writing my typical LAFF (Lulabelle’s Anxiety Free Friday) post today. But first, to a major announcement……
Many people resolve to get into better shape every New Years day as their new year’s resolution. I really hadn’t made a new years resolution in the last few years, minus the year I vowed to get married (We had already become engaged and I knew the wedding was set for later that year. 😉 ). Yep, reasonable goals are my jam. So when the Lord spoke to me and told me what I could resolve to do this year, I kinda had to take a step back and have a serious conversation with God. It went something like this:
God: This is what I want you to do this year.
Me: Whoa! Um, really? Dude, are you serious? (I believe in keeping my talks with God real, so whatever comes out, comes out 😉 )
God: Yes. You can do it.
So, what did God ask me to do? Well, ladies and gentlemen, this year I will be publishing a book. It’s a big goal that seems scary and insurmountable, but I’ve already started the process. I’ve joined book writing groups on FB. I have thought about the title and possible cover designs. Most importantly I’ve thought about content. And the content I’ll be using is my blog. Tomorrow after my blog uploads there will be 200 entries to choose from. I’m also in the process of refining my blog so it’s easier to navigate.
So there you have it. My goal for the year. If it doesn’t happen all this year, I’m not going to stress. I’m making smaller goals within the big goal and will approach things one step at a time. I do appreciate your prayers and good thoughts through this process. Oh, and if you’ve managed to get a book published? What was your experience?? Please fill me in in the comments below. Thanks! ❤
And now on to our LAFF on Thursday! Facebook recently came out with a new activity. The task is to ask your children a series of questions about yourself and see how well they know you. As we only have 4 legged kids with fur here, I thought I’d turn this task on its head and interview our youngest. She’s currently not quite asleep on our couch behind me. The oldest one is out of commission though, snoring away. Let’s begin:
1. What is something I always say to you? Hey, no wiping your bum on the carpet!
2. What makes me happy? Daddy (awww!! 😉 )
3. What makes me sad? Something called Donald Trump. You talk about that a lot. He has funny hair.
4. How do I make you laugh? I don’t really laugh because I’m a cat. I can poot on command though. Wanna see? (No. Really, no. )
5. What was I like as a child? I don’t know. Probably smaller. I think you also had more fur and possibly a tail. (None of that is true except the smaller part)
6. How old am I? Seventy-eleven (I think we need to work on numerical concepts)
7. How tall am I? Probably taller than our house, but I really don’t know because I don’t like going outside so I’ve never actually seen the outside of our house.
8. What is my favorite thing to do? Write and watch TV.
9. What do I do when you’re not around? I don’t know. I’m either asleep or doing cat things. Alone.
10. What am I really good at? Being a mommy.
11. What am I not very good at? Being a cat.
12. What do I do for a job? You write on the computer. Sometimes you leave the house and then come back hours later, when it’s dark. When you come home, you smell funny; like other cats. And sometimes milk. (HA! this is true. I work in childcare and sometimes I am gone till dark. One of my clients has two cats. 😀 )
13. What is my favorite food? Anything that looks good that I can’t eat. You keep feeding me those brown pellets. I tried a banana pepper once. I think I liked it (She did NOT like it). I see those once a week at home. Can I have one? (No. No, furry gray squirrel. You may not.)
14. What do you enjoy doing with me? Cuddling on your lap and sleeping. Sometimes I stick my bum in your face. I don’t know why you don’t like it.
Here is our interview subject on the Fourth of July last year NOT enjoying fireworks.